This alert is to inform all Visitors, Employees, Volunteers, and Residents that we have received notification of 0 new residents and 1 new employee testing positive for COVID-19.
Due to the positive COVID-19 test results last week, contact tracing and COVID-19 outbreak testing is currently being conducted on any residents or employee who have had a potential exposure. We will provide updates of the outbreak testing results as they become available.
Due to infection prevention protocols, the facility has placed the following units on COVID-19 Exposure Precautions:
- Unit 1A until 10/3/2022
- Unit 1B until 10/5/2022
- Unit 2D until 10/3/2022
- Unit 3A until 10/1/2022
- Unit 3C until 10/4/2022
Visitation on COVID-19 Exposure Precaution Units is allowed but highly discouraged until the end of the exposure precaution period.
For additional information, please refer to the CMS Required Daily COVID-19 Notifications posted on the webpage below.
Visitation Reminders - If you are not feeling well, please do not visit.
Please review the facility visitation guidelines prior to your visit. <---Click on the link
- These guideline will apply to indoor & outdoor visits.
*****Families may pick up COVID-19 Home Test Kits at the facility screening desk throughout the week in order to expedite the check-in process.****
2. After screening, all visitors should report directly to the resident room / designated visiting location, and remain in that location for the duration of the visit.
3. Outdoor visitation is encouraged.
4. Outdoor visitation will take place in the front of the building and pond area.
- Seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
- All visitors should physically distance (maintain separation of at least six feet) from other residents, other visitors and staff of the facility at all times.
- Outdoor visitation for COVID Exposed Units will take place in the courtyard.
5. Please remember to notify a member of the nursing staff if you are taking a resident off the unit for an outdoor visit.
6. Indoor Visitation:
- Due to social distancing requirements (physical distancing of at least six feet), no more than two visitors per resident are allowed for an in-room visit.
- If a resident or a visitor requests additional individuals to be present, facility staff will offer alternative visiting space, if available.
- Unit 1A visitation will take place on the unit as "in-room only" visits.
Due to physical distancing requirements and space limitations, visitors are not permitted to attend indoor therapeutic recreation activities or dine in the Garden Grill Cafe at this time.
If you have any questions please contact the Administration Office at 631-444-8606 or the Social Work Department at 631-444-8545.
Recent updates to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) guidelines now allow for open visitation inside the facility, which may occur in the resident rooms. In-room visitation will be limited to two persons at a time, in order to adhere to core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. Please be aware that new LISVH visitation guidelines have been established to reflect current CMS & NYS DOH visitation regulations. These guidelines can be reviewed here, prior to your visit. Upon entry to the facility, all visitors will be required to show a COVID-19 Antigen Test administered within the previous 24 hours or a COVID-19 PCR Test administered with the previous 48 hours having a negative test result. If a visitor does not have evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result, the LISVH will provide the visitor with a COVID-19 Home Test Kit/Rapid Test Kit for self administration. No visitors will be admitted into the facility without a negative test result within the required time frame.
Please click here to view our current visitation guidelines.
Families are permitted to have an outdoor visit in the courtyard when a resident currently living on a COVID Exposed Unit. The resident is approved for outdoor visitation in the courtyard after one round of COVID-19 exposure testing is completed and the resident is "up-to-date" with the current CDC COVID-19 vaccination recommendations. Please click here to review our guidelines for outdoor visitation on COVID Exposed Units.
Please be reminded that face masks are required to be worn by all visitors and residents during the visit within the building and on the Veterans Home's property.
In addition, as per New York State Department of Health guidance, eating (and the exchange of food) is not permitted during the scheduled indoor or outdoor visitation.
For more visitation information, please click here.
- CMS Guidance QSO-20-29-NH COVID-19 Information: 9/27/2022
- CMS Guidance QSO-20-29-NH COVID-19 Information: 9/26/2022
- CMS Guidance QSO-20-29-NH COVID-19 Information: 9/25/2022
- CMS Guidance QSO-20-29-NH COVID-19 Information: 9/24/2022
Please click here to view additional updates.
For further clarification or additional questions please contact the Social Work Department at 631-444-8545.