Visitation on COVID Exposed Units is allowed but highly discouraged until the end of the quarantine (exposure) period.
***The New York State Department of Health has issued guidance requiring all nursing home visitors to be tested for COVID-19 prior to visiting.
All visitors are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result. A rapid antigen test taken within 24-hours of the visit or a PCR test taken within 48-hours will be accepted. If you be unable to obtain a COVID-19 test in the required timeframe, a limited number of iHealth COVID-19 rapid antigen home test kits will be available for visitor use.
Visits may still occur in resident rooms on the exposed units.
As per New York State Department of Health guidance, visitation will remain open, however we must caution all visitors that we are in an outbreak investigation due to positive test results among staff and residents, and you are at increased risk for exposure to COVID-19 when visiting at this time.
Visitors will be provided with proper personal protective equipment and infection prevention education.
Due to COVID infection control protocols, residents on quarantined units are not permitted to leave the unit.
All visits that were scheduled to take place in the private visitation area (Unit 1B rooms) will be converted to in-room visits.
Please note that only two visitors may be in the resident's room at any time.
When visiting, please adhere to the following guidance:
- If you do not feel well, do not visit.
- Visitors must wear masks at all times.
- All visitors are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival. A rapid antigen test taken within 24-hours or a PCR test taken within 48-hours will be accepted.
- All visitors are encouraged to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- All visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No more than two individuals are permitted in an elevator at any given time.
- All visitors will be screened upon entrance. Visitors who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will not be granted entrance.
- After screening, all visitors should report directly to the resident room / designated visiting location, and remain in that location for the duration of the visit.
- No more than two visitors per resident are allowed for an in-room visit, due to social distancing requirements.
- If a resident or a visitor requests additional individuals to be present, facility staff will offer alternative visiting space, if available, to accommodate their request.
- All visitors should physically distance from other residents and staff of the facility.
- Hand hygiene is required prior to and after each visit.
- Consumption of food items should not occur during any in-room visit.
- The Garden Grill Café is closed to visitors at this time.
- No pets are allowed at this time.
- Visitors may use the restroom in the lobby only.
Visitation is contingent on compliance with these guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this potential COVID-19 exposure, please contact the Administration Office at 631-444-8606.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.