Thinking about becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)? CNAs are a key part of the caregiving team at our nursing home, where we are proud to care for the veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Our CNA training class will get you prepared to take the New York State (NYS) Nursing Home Nurse Aide Competency Examination (administered by Prometric).
Inquire about our next Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Class by calling 631-444-8712.
What to Expect:
- Our five-week CNA training includes classroom-style learning as well as clinical training
- Experience what it’s like to work in a nursing home while training on the resident units with our experienced nursing staff
- Our instructors will work with you to ensure you have all the skills and knowledge necessary not only to pass your nurse aide exam, but to prepare you for your future career!
- Once you successfully complete your exam, you will participate in our CNA Graduation event – Congratulations!
Upon successful completion of the Nurse Aide Exam, you may be offered a position as a Certified Nurse Aide at our facility. Individuals who become employees of the Long Island State Veterans Home are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package unlike any other nursing home on Long Island, thanks to our affiliation with the State of New York. Whether you join our care team as a full-time CNA or a part-time CNA, you are eligible for benefits that will help provide you with safety and security as you plan for the future.
Benefits, Benefits, Benefits:
- Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Thinking about going back to school to become a nurse? Various tuition assistance, including reimbursement vouchers, is available.
- Child care assistance is available right on the Stony Brook Campus, five days a week.
- Save money for your future with a Retirement Plan and attend free retirement planning educational seminars to make sure you are saving smartly.
The LISVH Difference
The Long Island State Veterans Home is conveniently located in Suffolk County, New York on the SUNY Stony Brook Campus. At our nursing home, we proudly care for America’s Heroes - the brave men and women who served our country – and as a CNA, you will be a key member of our caregiving team. We value the work that our CNAs do when they are caring for our veterans, and when you join our team, we welcome you to the LISVH family. To learn more about what it’s like to work at our facility, please visit our Careers page.
To learn about how you can sign up for our next Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Program, please call 631.444.8712 and email your resume to LISVH_HR@lisvh.org. The address for our facility is 100 Patriots Road Stony Brook, NY 11790 (view our location on the map by clicking here).