Effective January 1, 2020
SKILLED NURSING SERVICES
- 350-Bed Nursing Facility
- Serves Honorably Discharged Veterans, Spouses/Widows and Gold Star Parents.
- Part of Stony Brook Medicine Health Sciences.
- Full-Time On-site Physicians with Multiple Board Certifications in Geriatrics, Internal Medicine and/ or Palliative Care.
- Dedicated In-House Short Term Rehabilitation Program that includes Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists with state-of-the-art equipment available to maximize treatment options.
- Providing On-Site Medical Services including Audiology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Urology, Dentistry, Psychiatry & Psychology.
- In-House Pharmacy.
- Operates a 55-Bed Specialty Unit Caring for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Operates a 55-Bed Respiratory Care Unit.
- Palliative Care Services available through an affiliation with Good Shepherd Hospice.
- Accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Long Term Care Insurance and Private Pay.
- Special federal VA Entitlements may be available for eligible Veterans.
- Current Daily Rate is $432.36 Per Day.
- All Veterans are Eligible to Receive a Per Diem Credit of $112.36 from the Veterans Administration, Effectively Making the Daily Rate $320.00 Per Day. The Home Serves as an Academic Training Site for Physicians, Nurses, Rehabilitation Professionals, Social Workers, Dietitians and Recreation Therapists.
- Veterans with a 70% or greater service connected disability and have a skilled nursing need are entitled to no-cost nursing home care at any State Veterans Home. Services are paid for by the VA.
For more information, call (631) 444-VETS.
ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE
- 40-Slot Medical Model Adult Day Health Care Program.
- Open to Veterans, Spouses/Widows and Gold Star Parents.
- Comprehensive Nursing Care.
- Individualized Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
- Engaging Therapeutic Recreation Programs.
- Two nutritious meals (breakfast and lunch) per visit.
- Social Work Counseling for Registrant and Family.
- Therapeutic Exercise and Wellness Programs.
- Accepts Medicaid, Long Term Care Insurance and Private Pay.
- Day Rate is $197.52.
- All Veterans are Eligible to Receive a $89.52 Per Diem Credit from the VA, Effectively Making the Day Rate $108 Per Day.
- Door-to-Door Ambulette Transportation is available at a cost of $32.00 per one way trip.
- Veterans with a 70% or greater service connected disability are entitled to no-cost adult day care at any State Veterans Home. Services are paid for by the VA.
- The Program Serves Central and Western Suffolk County and Eastern Nassau County.
For more information, call 1-800-DAY-CARE.